Convention Rules and Guidelines
(Last updated: 3 July 2013)
The following rules are to assure that In-CON-Ceivable 2015 is a fun and safe environment for all attendees! Please follow them and help make this a great event for all!
- Follow requests and directions of In‑CON‑Ceivable staff and volunteers and hotel staff.
- In‑CON‑Ceivable, its affiliates, and the hotel are not responsible for personal items. Unattended and lost items will be turned over to proper authorities.
- Appropriate attire, including footwear, is required at all times. When not in costume, pants/shorts/skirts and shirts/tops are required. Attendees in costume are asked to insure that decency is maintained, covering the groin, buttocks, and (on females) breasts. Certain areas of the hotel (such as the bar or restaurant) may have different requirements. Please keep in mind that this is an “all ages” show, and that parts of the hotel are public spaces, thus children and/or non-attendees may be present. If hotel staff expresses concern over your attire, their say on the matter is final.
- In regards to attendees in costume, other attendees are asked to respect them. Do not take photos without their permission, and do not make derogatory or sexual comments towards them.
- Each event room has limited space and seating. Seating is not guaranteed to any persons. Standing room is allowed only at the discretion of In‑CON‑Ceivable or hotel staff.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol is not permitted at In‑CON‑Ceivable outside of the hotel’s bar & restaurant or within the privacy of hotel rooms rented by attendees. Underage drinking will not be tolerated, and anyone found drinking or intoxicated under the Massachusetts legal drinking age of 21, or supplying alcohol to those under 21, will be reported to the Northampton Police Department and expelled from the event.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center.
- Theft, assault, drug use, and other illegal activities will be reported to the Northampton Police Department and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Discrimination and/or harassment of any form will not be tolerated.
- Do not hinder or obstruct the flow of foot traffic within the convention area.
- Questions, concerns, or complaints should be brought to the attention of the In‑CON‑Ceivable staff at the Regestration/Information Desk. Concerns can also be brought to any In‑CON‑Ceivable staff member or volunteer.
- These guidelines are subject to change. Please visit the In‑CON‑Ceivable website to find the most up to date version.